Banking & Capital Markets
Forgó, Damjanovic & Partners offers specialist expertise for banking and capital markets services.
The practice has been recently strengthened by new practice head, Ferenc Lénárt, a senior banking and capital markets lawyer. Prior to joining Forgó, Damjanovic & Partners in 2011 Ferenc, who has more than 17 years of experience in the banking industry, was one of the Managing Directors in charge of legal matters, compliance, prevention of money laundering, as well as data protection at Westdeutsche Landesbank Hungary.
Forgó, Damjanovic & Partners has represented numerous banks and corporate clients in banking and capital markets transactions, and provided financial enterprises and investment funds with legal advice on licensing and regulatory matters. We have also conducted legal due diligence on financial enterprises and acted in banking litigation cases. We regularly act as local counsel, in conjunction with foreign legal advisors, in cross-border transactions and on transactions referred to us by international law firms.
We offer a full scale of services in Banking and Capital Markets, including:
- financial services (such as payment, deposit and loan transactions, syndicated loan and trade finance facilities and subordinated loans)
- capital markets (such as treasury frame agreements, ISDA agreements, public or private offering of securities)
- corporate transactions in the banking sector (mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, legal due diligence into banking and financial services related contracts)
- regulatory advice (such as EU laws, marketing and registration)
- legal disputes in the banking and financial services industry
- outsourcing (such as cross-border outsourcing)
- compliance, money laundering prevention and data protection related matters
- in-house manuals and bylaws (such as the articles of association, organisational and operational manual, general business terms and the bylaws of boards of directors and supervisory boards).