Gábor has been practising international business law for more than 12 years. His primary focuses are transactional/projects work, dispute resolution and employment law. He has acted as lead counsel on numerous M&A transactions, joint ventures and projects, and represented a number of international clients and blue-chip companies in the resolution of their disputes.
Gábor is furthermore a specialist in the legal issues ofthe gaming/betting sector. He regularly advises operators, slot machine manufacturers, IT solution providers and concession holders, in addition to providing transactional support in the gaming sector and assisting other clients in gaming-related issues. He acts for both land-based and online clients.
Gábor is highly international oriented, having attended numerous conferences and being a regular delegate at the International Bar Association’s (IBA) annual conferences. During the past decade he has forged strong relationships with a number of highly respected foreign lawyers, thus making him well placed to provide solid cross-border advice to his Hungarian clients. A significant majority of his clients are multinational and foreign corporations and he is regularly instructed by foreign lawyers on a referral basis.
- Budapest Bar Association since 2000
- International Bar Association since 2003
- Listed on LCIA’s database of neutrals
- Hungarian Association for the Protection of Industrial Property and Copyright
- József Attila University, Szeged, 1997 Law Degree (cum laude)
- Central European University, Budapest (Master of Comparative Constitutional Law, LL.M. 1998)
Publications & Conference Peresentations
- co-author of “Protecting National Assets à la Hungary — Unexpected Restriction To Arbitration” (Mealey’s International Arbitration Report, October 2014)
- co-author of the Hungary chapter of the “Company Acquisitions Handbook” on the regulatory aspects of acquisitions in the EU (Bloomsbury Professional Limited, 2011)
- speaker of the panel on the latest developments in the regulation of online gambling in the European Union, the European Commission’s Green Paper and submissions at the Autumn Conference of the International Masters of Gaming Law held in Vienna in 2011
- speaking on the legal background of gambling in Hungary at the Affiliate Conference of iGaming Business held in Budapest in 2009
Gaming in Hungary – a legal overview (Aug/Sept 2009 issue of iGBAffiliate)
- speaker of the panel on Hotel and Casino Development at the Annual Conference of the IBA held in Singapore in 2007.