Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions
Forgó, Damjanovic & Partners offers clients specialist corporate/M&A advice, which is recommended by The European Legal 500 (Tier 2) and PLC Which Lawyer.
Our partners’ extensive track record includes acting for Hungarian and international blue-chip, i.e. listed, companies, private equity and venture capital investors, leading corporate finance firms and high-net worth individual owners of target companies. We regularly act as lead counsels on cross-border transactions in conjunction with foreign legal advisors, and on transactions referred to us by international law firms.
We are typically instructed by clients in complex medium-sized or high-value transactions, mostly of a cross-border nature and requiring heavy documentation.
In M&A assignments we combine a thorough knowledge of UK/US type transactional documentation with the realities of doing business in Hungary and ensure that everything written down is legally enforceable in Hungary. Moreover, we play a significant role in bridging the cultural gap between the transactional requirements of sophisticated western investors and the expectations of the owners of Hungarian businesses.
Practice head, Zoltán Forgó, has earned recognition as a recommended individual for his corporate/M&A work by European Legal Experts and PLC Which Lawyer for a number of consecutive years. Our firm’s other senior partner, Gábor Damjanovic, is also recommended as a corporate/M&A lawyer by European Legal Experts. The senior partners are supported by a sizeable team of senior and junior lawyers, thus enabling us to carry out significant due diligence exercises and parallel mandates.
Our law firm is an associate member of the Hungarian Venture Capital Association.
We offer a full scale of services in the areas of Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions, including:
- advising on strategic investments (sale and buy side, often in conjunction with corporate finance advisors)
- representing financial, i.e. private equity or venture capital investors in complex investments
- conducting legal due diligence, and assisting vendors with the compilation of due diligence documentation and management of the due diligence process
- representing shareholders and companies in contentious situations and corporate disputes
- representing owners of Hungarian target companies in the sale thereof
- advising on transfer of business
- advising on privatisation cases
- assisting Hungarian companies abroad, in conjunction with foreign legal advisors, in the acquisition of stakes in foreign companies
- assisting with company establishment, corporate housekeeping and corporate governance
- assisting with the transformation of company form, merger and de-merger processes.