Banking and Financial Services
Ferenc is a senior banking and financial services specialist with more than 17 years banking practice. As in-house counsel at the Hungarian subsidiary of WestLB AG (Westdeutsche Landesbank) he has acted in numerous financing transactions. His legal work included drafting legal documentation for loan agreements, syndicated loan facilities, subordinated loans, trade finance facilities, treasury frame agreements, as well as ISDA agreements. The value of the transactions on which he has worked extends to €700M.
Ferenc possesses an in-depth understanding, also from an in-house perspective, of the issues and the regulatory background of the banking and financial services sector. His track record includes the preparation of articles of association, organisational and operational manuals, general business terms, bylaws for boards of directors and supervisory boards, in addition to the preparation of manuals relating to the prevention of money laundering, compliance and data protection. Ferenc has acted in numerous procedures before the Hungarian Financial Supervisory Authority and the National Bank of Hungary. In the course of his career he has dealt regularly with employment matters and outsourcing transactions (including cross-border outsourcing).
Prior to joining Forgó, Damjanovic & Partners in 2011 he was one of the Managing Directors in charge of legal matters, compliance, prevention of money laundering, as well as data protection at Westdeutsche Landesbank Hungary.
- Budapest Bar Association since 2010
- Registered Arbitrator of the Money and Capital Markets Arbitration Court in Budapest between 2008 and 2013
- Hungarian Banking Association: Member of the Ethics Committee between 2008 and 2010
- ELTE University, Budapest, 1992, Law Degree
- ELTE University, Budapest, 1995, Postgraduate Degree in Banking Law
- PPKE University, Budapest, 2005, Master of European Law
- BME University, Budapest, 2006, Data Protection Officer
- Durham University, Durham (UK), 2010, Master of Business Administration (MBA)