Forgó, Damjanovic & Partners has a solid and diverse IP practice, handling copyright matters, software licensing issues, trademark matters, domain name disputes and advising on patent related issues. Our law firm’s IP services are recommended by Chambers and Partners and PLC Which Lawyer.
Our clientele in this practice area includes a number of leading international, regional and local players and, as such, a significant part of our IP related work involves cross-border elements. Our sector focuses on pharmaceuticals, TMT and gaming/betting ensure that we are well placed to provide clients from these sectors with IP advice.
Practice head, Viktor Vasi, earned recognition as a recommended individual for his IP work by Chambers & Partners (2011). Gábor Damjanovic is also active in the IP practice. Both are members of the Hungarian Association for the Protection of Industrial Property and Copyright.
We offer a full scale of services in the area of Intellectual Property, including:
- IP strategy / regulatory advice (advising our clients on the appropriate form of IP protection to be applied)
- IP infringement cases (such as representation of clients in copyright, trademark, patent, design, domain name and know-how infringements in Hungary, sending cease and desist letters, applying for preliminary injunctions and making applications for action to the National Tax and Customs Authority)
- licence and transfer agreements (providing advice to our clients and drafting the underlying documentation)
- investments in IP rich target companies (carrying out IP due diligence exercises, advising clients and preparing full transaction documentation regarding share and asset deals)
- IP registrations (registration of Hungarian and European Community trademarks, domain names and other IP rights).